NIW 2022 STATISTICS
- 78 exhibitors who included student and staff innovators, industry, individual entrepreneurs, MSMES, banks, government ministries and institutions in the innovation eco system, research institutions and other Universities.
- over 2500 attended the event physically and virtually from all over the world
- 21 students innovators participated in a Hackathon conducted by SAFARICOM and where 3 top winners were awarded cash awards. SAFARICOM engaged some students in various forms after the event.
- 3 top innovators from University of Nairobi were awarded cash awards.
- At least 5 innovations were identified and assistance in commercialization of the innovations commenced for the benefit of the innovator, University and solving problems in the society.
- Apart from the physical exhibitions, there were 7 blended summits, seminars, and trainings dealing with innovation, funding, pitching, and entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property protection. These forums dealt with issues at practical level and were conducted by successful practitioners in their respective fields.
- Over 30 innovators pitched to potential partners and funders.